Job Description: Technical SEO Specialist
Optidge is a full-service digital marketing agency located in Houston, Texas helping clients across the US with their SEO, Paid Search, Organic and Paid Social, Email, Analytics, Web Design, and other digital marketing needs. We are a passionate group of digital marketers that aren’t afraid to make mistakes, yet are constantly looking to improve and grow while supporting each other and our clients. We do our best to work hard and support our team members while taking the necessary time required to rejuvenate and spend with family, friends, or one’s self. Optidge was founded as a local, single-man consultancy in 2010 and has grown into a 12+ member agency covering the USA and beyond.
We are looking for a hard-working, friendly & creative Technical SEO Specialist to join Optidge’s team of digital marketing rockstars! As a Technical SEO Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operation and management of clients' technical SEO efforts. This includes but not limited to the following: optimizing newly launched websites, website migrations, and/or ongoing SEO efforts. This position works with both internal & external teams to ensure optimal performance and you will be responsible for driving the execution and measurement of technical SEO. As the technical SEO specialist, you are also responsible for analyzing and optimizing on-page written content, content planning, and execution to further leverage our SEO efforts for clients. The technical SEO specialist reports to our SEO Manager. We are currently working remotely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following):
- Conduct keyword research and selection for SEO projects based on client needs
- Analyze website architecture and document changes required for SEO
- Monitor, on an on-going basis, clients’ SEO results and manage projects to ensure 100% technical optimization
- Provide ongoing support of all SEO initiatives including reporting, analysis, and optimization recommendations
- Monitor campaign results, analyze key metrics and optimize click-through and conversion rates
- Optimize landing pages for SEO and performance improvement
- Troubleshooting website performance issues -- crawling and indexing errors
- Communicate with internal and external content and development teams ie. other SEO professionals, web developers, digital marketers
- Analyze and optimize on-page written content
- Anticipates common website issues & able to provide detailed analysis along with performance recommendations
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In-depth and insightful analytic abilities
- High level of attention to detail
- Well versed in site architecture
- Proficiency in managing robot.txt files, canonical tags, pagination, and redirects
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Ability to work under stress and within strict timeframes
- Ability to communicate intricate concepts with ease
- Have proper Zoom meeting etiquette
- Not afraid to ask questions!
- Learn quickly and produce consistent high-quality work
- Passion for SEO and knowledge of current digital marketing trends
- Demonstrates confidence to take on challenges, technical and otherwise, to deliver promised results within the deadline
- Curiosity and passion for learning
- 1+ years of SEO experience
- Google Analytics
- Search Console
- Technical SEO tools
- Working with teams
- Agency experience
- Semrush, Screaming Frog, Oncrawl, or Deepcrawl
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to craft and write meaningful and popular ad copy
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Company-assisted medical insurance programs and dental insurance programs
- 401(k) with employer matching and profit-sharing
- Vacation (PTO) and sick leave
- Incredible company culture - we are passionate about the impact we make every day, we balance freedom with responsibility, and we aim for a consultative, transparent, and communicative approach in both our internal and client relationships
- Great career growth opportunity. You’ll have direct access to agency leadership and graduate-level university training.